Recently Lenovo Launched the new Z 2 Plus / Zuk Z2 in India. And the official TWRP and Root Access is already out there. Do you want flash new roms and custom files on Z2 Plus / Zuk Z2? Well you will need a root access first in order to do such cool stuffs with your phone. Here’s a tutorial on How to Root Lenovo Z2 Plus / Zuk Z2 and install TWRP recovery on it.
Lenovo’s Z2 Plus / Zuk Z2 comes with a 5.0 inch full HD display. It is powered by 2.15GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and comes with a 32 GB internal storage that cannot be expanded. It comes in 3 GB Ram for super-fast performance.
The Lenovo Z2 Plus / Zuk Z2 packs a 13-megapixel primary rear camera with dual-Led flashlight and a 8-megapixel secondary front shooter. It runs on Lenovo’s Pure UI based on Android Marshmallow unlike the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS in Chinese variant and is powered by a 3500 mAh battery.
Benefits of rooting Z2 Plus / Zuk Z2
- Able to install custom Roms on Lenovo Z2 Plus / Zuk Z2 and explore new features.
- Increase performance of your device by tweaking kernel and overclocking device.
- Increase performance by hibernating battery consuming apps using apps like greenify..
- Increase performance by uninstalling ram-hogging inbuilt apps.
- Rooting will void Lenovo Z2 Plus / Zuk Z2 warranty.
- Follow all steps correctly otherwise you will end up with a bricked phone. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have 70% charge or more.
Files needed to root and install TWRP on Z2 Plus:
- Minimal ADB tool – Download here
- TWRP Recover for Z2 Plus- Download here and make sure to rename it to recovery.img and place it in ADB folder.
- SuperSu.zip for Z 2 Plus / Zuk Z2 form chainfire.
Steps to Root Lenovo Z2 Plus / Zuk Z2 and Install TWRP recovery
- First enable the USB debuggingoption in Z2 Plus / Zuk Z2.
- To enable USB debugging option we first need to make the developer options active for that go to your Settings -> About Phone -> now tap the build number 7-8 times until you see a message ‘you are now a developer’.
- Now as we have enabled developer options, go back to Settings-> developer options -> and now enable USB debugging also enable OEM unlock.
- Now go to folder where you installed the adb and by holding the Shift Key, right-click on any blank space and select Open command window here.
- Now connect the Lenovo Z2 Plus / Zuk Z2 to Pc/Laptop using USB.
- Now we need to reboot phone into fastboot mode by typing the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will reboot into fastboot mode. If it doesn’t, check if your USB cable is connected properly and you have drivers installed properly. You can check a list of connected device by typing the following command.
- Now we need to flash the TWRP Recovery. To start flashing the recovery, type the following command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
That’s it! You have installed TWRP recovery on Lenovo Z2 Plus / Zuk Z2.
How to Root Lenovo Z2 Plus / Zuk Z2 using TWRP Recovery
- Move SuperSu.zip to root of your phone’s internal memory. (By root I mean not in any folder just enter into your internal storage and place the file there and not in any folder.)
- Boot Lenovo Z2 Plus / Zuk Z2 in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+ Power button simultaneously.
- Now first make a Backup of all data using TWRP.
- After that in TWRP click on Install menu and select the SuperSu.zip file you placed in root of internal storage to root device. Now swipe to install SuperSu.zip.
- That’s it you have rooted and installed TWRP recovery on your Z2 Plus / Zuk Z2.
This was complete guide on How to Root Lenovo Z2 Plus / Zuk Z2 and Install TWRP on it. If any questions let me know in comments below.