While there is no news about Zenfone 2 Laser receiving Android Nougat 7.0 update, we are here with Resurrection Remix official build for Zenfone 2 Laser. This ROM completely official build so, you might not find any bugs but few minor glitches are likely to show up which we believe will be rectified in every update of this custom firmware. Now you can update your Asus Zenfone Laser to Android N 7.1.x! Well, the entire process is damn simple, but you have to read each and everything properly as a single mistake might brick your device. Let’s begin with the process of Installing Resurrection Remix N on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser.
About Resurrection Remix
We all know that CyanogenMod is no longer in development which is sad. But from the ashes of CyanogenMod was born the Lineage OS. Resurrection Remix is an alternative operating system based on Linage OS intended to replace the one pre-installed on your smart phones and tablets. If you’ve got an older device that isn’t getting updates anymore, or if your device seems slow, or maybe you’re sick of spyware, adware, and other unwanted garbage on your phone that you can’t remove. Maybe your device is missing features or has been otherwise artificially limited in functionality. Or maybe you’d like to be more confident that your operating system has included some of the latest bug fixes.
If so, Resurrection Remix might be for you. Resurrection Remix does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
- Asus Zenfone Laser ZE550KL ( Z00L / Z00LD )
- Asus Zenfone Laser ZE550KG ( Z00W / Z00WD )
- Asus Zenfone Laser ZE600KL ( Z00M / Z00MD / Z00MDD )
- Asus Zenfone Laser ZE551KL ( Z00T / Z00TD )
- Asus Zenfone Selfie ZD551KL ( Z00U / Z00UD / Z00UDH )
- Asus Zenfone Laser ZE601KL ( Z011 / Z011D / Z011DD )
Disclaimer: This process will erase all your data including phone settings, contacts and sms. Please make sure to Backup data.
- You should have an unlocked bootloader.
- Your phone should have TWRP Recovery installed.
- Your Phone should have at least 70% charging or more.
- This tutorial is only for Asus Zenfone 2 laser Z00L /Z00LD and Z00T models.
- Backup all your data before starting with the tutorial.
Files needed to Install Resurrection Remix N on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser:
- Z00L – Download
- Z00T – Download
- Gapps – Download the arm64/7.1/nano version.Place both Rom and gapps zip at root on SD card.
Steps to Install Resurrection Remix N (Android N) on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser
- Boot Into TWRP Recovery Using Volume Down+ Power Button.
- Tap on Wipe then select Advanced Wipe. Form Advance Wipe section tick every option other then External Sd card and OTG. Swipe to allow wipe.
3 Go back and now click on Install and select the Resurrection Rom Zip file from the Sd card and flash it.
4 After that go back and Flash the Gapps Zip file from sd card and flash it.
5 Finally after Installing Gapps click on Wipe Dalvik /Cache Data.
- Reboot the device.
Initial Reboot will take some time, so do not worry it’s a onetime process. After reboot you will have brand new RR rom on your device with Magisk Root Manger and root support. That’s it you have successfully installed Resurrection Remix N on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser.