Do you want to root Lenovo ZUK Z1? Here I will show you How to Install TWRP and Root Lenovo Zuk Z1. TWRP is a custom recovery which provides touchscreen enabled interface. It allows users to flash rooms, backup current system and do lots of additional stuff which is not supported by stock recovery images which comes pre-installed with Lenovo ZUK Z1.
This guide will show you how to install latest TWRP recovery for Lenovo ZUK Z1 and root it. Here we will install latest TWRP 126.96.36.199 and root Lenovo ZUK Z1. Download TWRP 188.8.131.52 for Lenovo ZUK Z1 from below and follow steps carefully. If you install TWRP on your ZUK Z1 you can then flash Custom Roms, Custom Kernel, Custom Mods and any zip files like xposed installer. Please carefully follow the steps to root and install TWRP on Lenovo Zuk Z1.
Before Proceeding You need to have a unlokced Bootloader in order for this tutorial to work. You can Check: How to Unlock Lenovo ZUK Z1 Bootloader.
Lenovo ZUK Z1 comes with a 5.5 inch display with 1080 × 1920 pixels which gives it PPI of around 401 pixel per inch. It is powered by 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor and comes with a 64Gb internal storage that cannot be expanded. Lenovo ZUK Z1 has 3GB ram for super fast performance. Lenovo ZUK Z1 packs a 13-megapixel primary rear camera with dual-Led flashlight and an 8-megapixel secondary front shooter. It runs on Android 5.1.1 Kitkat and is powered by a 4100mAh non removable battery. It also comes with a finger print scanner.
Benefits of rooting Lenovo ZUK Z1:
- Able to install custom Roms on Lenovo ZUK Z1 and explore new features.
- Increase performance of your ZUK Z1 by tweaking kernel and overclocking device.
- Increase performance by hibernating battery consuming apps using apps like greenify on Lenovo ZUK Z1.
- Increase performance by uninstalling ram-hogging inbuilt apps.
- Rooting will void your Zuk Z1 warranty.
- Follow all steps correctly otherwise you will end up with a bricked phone. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
- Backup all your data as it will erase all personal data on your Lenovo ZUK Z1 including internal storage.
- Make sure you have 70% charge or more.
Files needed to root and install TWRP on Lenovo ZUK Z1
- Minimal ADB tool – Download here
- TWRP Recover for Lenovo ZUK Z1 – Download here and rename it to recovery.img.
- SuperSu.zip for Lenovo ZUK Z1 form chainfire – Download here
Note: Don’t forget to rename the TWRP file to recovery.img
Also Check Out: How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on LeEco Le Max 2
Steps to Root and Install TWRP on Lenovo ZUK Z1
- First enable the USB debugging option in Zuk Z1.
- To enable USB debugging option we first need to make the developer options active for that go to your Settings -> About Phone -> now tap the build number 7-8 times until you see a message ‘you are now a developer’.
- Now as we have enabled developer options, go back to Settings-> developer options -> and now enable USB debugging also enable OEM unlock.
- Now go to folder where you installed the adb and by holding the Shift Key, right-click on any blank space and select Open command window here.
3.Now connect the Lenovo ZUK Z1 to Pc/Laptop using USB.
4.Now we need to reboot phone into fastboot mode by typing the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
5.Your device will reboot into fastboot mode. If it doesn’t, check if your USB cable is connected properly and you have drivers installed properly. You can check a list of connected device by typing the following command.
6. Now to start flashing the recovery by typing the following command.
fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash recovery recovery.img
7. That’s it! You have installed TWRP recovery on your Lenovo ZUK Z1.
How to Root Lenovo ZUK Z1 using Recovery
- If you didn’t download SuperSu.zip for lenovo ZUK Z1 from above click here to download.
- Now move SuperSu.zip to root of your internal memory. (By root I mean not in any folder just enter into your internal storage and place the file there and not in any folder.)
- Boot your device in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+ Power button simultaneously.
- Now in TWRP click on Install menu and select the SuperSu.zip file you placed in root of internal storage to root Lenovo ZUK Z1. Now swipe to install SuperSu.zip.
- That’s it you have rooted and installed TWRP on your Zuk Z1. You can check if root access is working properly by Root Checker app from play store.
So that was complete step by step guide on How to Install TWRP and Root Lenovo Zuk Z1. Leave your comments below if this article helped you.