Do you want to install custom recover on Honor 8? Here I will show you how to Root Honor 8 and Install TWRP on it. TWRP is a custom recovery which provides touchscreen enabled interface and allows users to flash rooms, backup current system and do lots of additional stuff which is not supported by stock recovery images.
This guide will show you how to install latest TWRP recovery for Honor 8. Here we will install latest TWRP 3.0. Download TWRP 3.0 from below and follow steps carefully. If you install TWRP on Honor 8 you can then flash Custom Roms, Custom Kernel, Custom Mods and any zip files like xposed installer. Please carefully follow the steps to root and install TWRP on Honor 8.
Honor 8 comes with a 5.20 inch display with 1080 × 2920 pixels which gives it PPI of around 423 pixel per inch. It is powered by octa-core Kirin 950 processor and comes with a 32 GB internal storage which can be expanded upto 128 Gb via microSD card. It has 3 GB Ram and packs a 12-megapixel primary rear camera with dual-Led flashlight and an 8-megapixel secondary front camera. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and is powered by a 3000 mAh Li-ion battery. It also supports a fingerprint scanner.
Benefits of rooting:
- Able to install custom Roms and explore new features.
- Increase performance by tweaking kernel and overclocking device.
- Increase performance by hibernating battery consuming apps using apps like greenify.
- Increase performance by uninstalling ram-hogging inbuilt apps.
- You will need Unlocked Bootloader on Honor 8 before proceeding with this guide.
- Rooting will void your phone’s warranty.
- Follow all steps correctly otherwise you will end up with a bricked phone. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone. proceed on your own risk.
- Backup all your data as it will erase all personal data including internal storage.
- Make sure you have 70% charge or more.
Files needed to root and install TWRP on Honor 8:
- Minimal ADB tool – Download here
- TWRP Recover for Honor 8 – Download here and rename it to recovery.img.
- SuperSu.zip for Honor 8 form chainfire – Download here
Steps to Root Honor 8 and Install TWRP
- First enable the USB debugging
- To enable USB debugging option we first need to make the developer options active for that go to yourSettings -> About Phone -> now tap the build number 7-8 times until you see a message ‘you are now a developer’.
- Now as we have enabled developer options, go back tosettings-> developer options -> and now enable USB debugging also enable OEM unlock.
- Now go to folder where you installed the adb and by holding the Shift Key, right-click on any blank space and select Open command window here.
3.Now connect the phone to Pc/Laptop using USB.
4.Now we need to reboot phone into fastboot mode by typing the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
5.Your device will reboot into fastboot mode. If it don’t, check if your USB cable is connected properly and you have drivers installed properly. You can check a list of connected device by typing the following command.
6. Now to start flashing the recovery type the following command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
That’s it! You have installed TWRP recovery on you Honor 8.
How to Root Honor 8 using TWRP Recovery
- Now move SuperSu.zip to root of your internal memory. (By root I mean not in any folder just enter into your internal storage and place the file there and not in any folder.)
- Boot your device in recovery mode by pressing Volume Down+ Power button simultaneously.
- Now first make a Backup of all data using TWRP.
- Now in TWRP click on Install menu and select the SuperSu.zip file you placed in root of internal storage. Now swipe to install SuperSu.zip
- That’s it you have rooted and installed TWRP on your Honor 8.
So that was complete step by step guide on How to Root and Install TWRP on Honor 8. Leave your comments blow if this article helped you.