Recently Motorola Launched the new Moto E3 Power in India. And the official TWRP and Root Access is already out there. Do you want flash new roms and custom files on E3 Power? Well you will need a root access first in order to do such cool stuffs with your phone. Here’s a tutorial on How to Root Moto E3 Power and install TWRP recovery on it.
Moto’s E3 Power comes with a 5.0 inch full HD display. It is powered by 1GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735P processor and comes with a 16 GB internal storage that can be expanded upto 32GB via microSD card. It comes in 2 GB Ram for super-fast performance.
The Moto E3 Power packs a 8-megapixel primary rear camera with dual-Led flashlight and a 5-megapixel secondary front shooter. It runs on runs Android 6.0.1 and is powered by a 3500 mAh battery.
Benefits of rooting Moto E3 Power
- Able to install custom Roms on Moto E3 Power and explore new features.
- Increase performance of your device by tweaking kernel and overclocking device.
- Increase performance by hibernating battery consuming apps using apps like greenify..
- Increase performance by uninstalling ram-hogging inbuilt apps.
- Rooting will void Moto E3 Powers warranty.
- Follow all steps correctly otherwise you will end up with a bricked phone. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have 70% charge or more.
Files needed to root and install TWRP on Moto E3 Power:
- Minimal ADB tool – Download here
- TWRP Recover for E3 power- Download here and make sure to rename it to recovery.img and place it in ADB folder.
- SuperSu.zip for E3 Power form chainfire.
Steps to Root Moto E3 Power and Install TWRP recovery
- First enable the USB debugging option in E3 Power.
- To enable USB debugging option we first need to make the developer options active for that go to your Settings -> About Phone -> now tap the build number 7-8 times until you see a message ‘you are now a developer’.
- Now as we have enabled developer options, go back to Settings-> developer options -> and now enable USB debugging also enable OEM unlock.
- Now go to folder where you installed the adb and by holding the Shift Key, right-click on any blank space and select Open command window here.
- Now connect the Moto E3 Power to Pc/Laptop using USB.
- Now we need to reboot phone into fastboot mode by typing the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will reboot into fastboot mode. If it doesn’t, check if your USB cable is connected properly and you have drivers installed properly. You can check a list of connected device by typing the following command.
- Now we need to flash the TWRP Recovery. To start flashing the recovery, type the following command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
That’s it! You have installed TWRP recovery on Moto E3 Power.
How to Root Moto E3 Power using TWRP Recovery
- Move SuperSu.zip to root of your phone’s internal memory. (By root I mean not in any folder just enter into your internal storage and place the file there and not in any folder.)
- Boot Moto E3 Power in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+ Power button simultaneously.
- Now first make a Backup of all data using TWRP.
- After that in TWRP click on Install menu and select the SuperSu.zip file you placed in root of internal storage to root device. Now swipe to install SuperSu.zip.
- That’s it you have rooted and installed TWRP recovery on your E3 Power .
This was complete guide on How to Root Moto E3 Power and Install TWRP on it. If any questions let me know in comments below.