Own a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and wanna flash new roms and recoverys? Well You will need a root access first in order to do such cool stuffs with your phone. Here’s a tutorial on How to Root Redmi Note 3 and install TWRP recovery on it.
Redmi Note 3 comes with a 5.5 inch display with 1080 × 1920 pixels IPS display with 178 degree viewing angel. It is powered by hexa-core Snapdragon 615 processor (four Cortex-A53 cores clocked at 1.4GHz and two Cortex-A72 cores clocked at 1.8GHz) and comes with a 16/32 GB internal storage that can be expanded up to 156 GB via microSD card. Redmi Note comes in two ram variant: 2GB for 16 GB internal storage version and 3GB for 32GB internal storage version. It packs a 16-megapixel primary rear camera with dual-Led flashlight and a 5-megapixel secondary front shooter. It runs on MIUI 7 based on Android Lollipop and is powered by a 4050 mAh battery with fast charging support. It also has a finger print scanner that can register up to 5 finger prints.
Before Proceeding You need to have a unlocked Bootloader in order for this tutorial to work. You can Check: How to Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 3 and other Xiaomi devices.
- Rooting will void your phones warranty and you wont be able to claim it back.
- Backup all your data as this process may erase personal data, settings, SMS, contacts etc.
- Follow all steps correctly other vice you will end up with a bricked device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- Make sure You have 70% charging or more.
Files needed to root Redmi Note 3 and install TWRP Recovery:
- ADB Drivers- Download them and install on your PC.
- As I said you would need unlocked bootloader on Redmi Note 3.
- TWRP 3.0 for Redmi Note 3 – Download TWRP
- SuperSu.zip for Redmi Note 3 form chainfire – Download SuperSU
Steps to Root Redmi Note 3(Snapdragon version) and Install TWRP recovery
- First enable the USB debugging option in Redmi Note 3.
- To enable USB debugging option we first need to make the developer options active for that go to your Settings -> About Phone -> now tap MIUI version 7-8 times until you see a message ‘you are now a developer’.
- Now connect your phone to Pc vis USB.
3. Extract the TWRP zip file you download from above.
4. Now with your phone connected to PC run the Boot.bat file and follow the onscreen instructions.
5. After flashing the boot file run the twrp3.bat file which will install the TWRP 3.0 on your Redmi Note 3
6. Now your phone will reboot and enter into TWRP recovery mode.
- Adjust TWRP language settings according to your time zone.
For now we are almost done we have installed TWRP recovery and now we’re going to flash SuperSu to root Redmi Note 3.
Steps to Root Redmi Note 3 using TWRP recovery
- Move the downloaded SuperSu.zip to root of your internal memory. (By root I mean not in any folder just enter into your internal storage and place the file there and not in any folder.)
2. Now in TWRP click on Install menu and select the SuperSu.zip file you placed in root of internal storage to root Redmi Note 3. Now swipe to install SuperSu.zip.
3. That’s it! you have rooted and installed TWRP on your Redmi Note. You can check if root access is working properly by Root Checker app from play store.
That was guide on How to Root Redmi Note 3 and Install TWRP Recovery. Did you find this guide helpful? Let me know in comments below.